Skate the Skyline
Vale Rink takes the 23rd floor to new heights! Go all the way up to the top of The William Vale to glide across the outdoor, sustainable skating rink with iconic views of the Manhattan skyline. Vale Rink is a synthetic rink Swiss engineered to perfection by Glice and does not require water or electricity to function. Because it’s synthetic, visitors can skate any time, regardless of temperature. Ready to skate the skyline?
Please note our sessions are limited to 10 guests each time slot and all guests, skating or observing, must be ticketed.Reserve
(Includes skate rental and locker use)
- Adults: $20
- Children (12 and under): $12
WHERE IS VALE RINK LOCATED?
Vale Rink is located on the 23rd floor rooftop of The William Vale in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 111 N. 12th Street Brooklyn, NY 11249.
WHEN IS VALE RINK OPEN?
Vale Rink is open seasonally Monday – Sunday with hours of operations as follows:
- Monday - Friday: 2PM - 10PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 12PM -10PM
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO SKATE AT VALE RINK?
Admission to Vale Rink is $20 for adults and $12 for children 12 and under.
HOW DO I MAKE A RESERVATION FOR SKATING TIME?
Book your reservation by buying a ticket on our Eventbrite here.
WHAT ARE THE TIME SLOTS?
Each 50-minute reservation can be booked at the top of the hour and half hour.
Saturday & Sunday:
A 10-minute grace period applies to all reservations.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY RESERVATION?
Should your plans change and you need to cancel, please let us know in advance of your scheduled time. We are happy to approve a refund that is requested through Eventbrite prior to your skate session. If you do not cancel in advance and do not show up for your skate session, we will be unable to refund your fee.
MAY I VISIT VALE RINK WITHOUT BOOKING A SESSION?
No, in order to follow social distancing guidelines, every person who visits Vale Rink must book a skating session so we may accurately manage capacity. If you are booking a session for a child, the adult(s) supervising must also book a skating session.
WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT AT VALE RINK?
The Vale Rink only accepts card payments (Visa, Mastercard and Amex). No cash please.
DO YOU HAVE SKATES AND LOCKERS AVAILABLE FOR RENT?
Yes. In fact, skate and locker rentals are included in the price of admission.
WHAT TYPE OF SURFACE IS THE VALE SKATING RINK?
Vale Rink is a holiday skating rink, however, our rink’s surface is not ice! We have partnered with Glice USA, a company that has used new technology to create polymer panels that simulate the glide and feel of ice. The surface is impact absorbent and environmentally friendly!
DO YOU HAVE FIGURE SKATES OR HOCKEY SKATES?
Neither! We use our own brand of Glice skates that are compatible with Glice’s surface.
CAN I BRING MY OWN SKATES?
Yes. However, skates must be sharp and in excellent working condition to be used on our skating surface. Discretion of the Vale Rink team will be final on skate condition.
DO YOU OFFER SKATE SHARPENING?
Unfortunately, no. If you’d like to use your own skates, you need to ensure their sharpness on your own.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT TO SKATE?
There are no age restrictions for skating. Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult. Children 6 and under must be accompanied on the rink by an adult.
DO YOU HAVE SKATES FOR SMALL KIDS? WHAT’S THE LARGEST SIZE?
Yes; our smallest size is 25 (EU) – which translates to 9JR for boys and 11JR for girls. Our largest size is 47 (EU) – which translates to a men’s size 13.
DO YOU DO GROUP ADMISSION RATES OR PRIVATE PARTIES?
For large party booking or private party inquiries, email [email protected] for more info!
MAY I BRING MY OWN FOOD AND BEVERAGE TO VALE RINK?
No, unfortunately not.
WHAT IF IT RAINS/SNOWS?
The surface of the rink can handle a certain amount of weather. Rink closures or delays in admission due to inclement weather are subject to the discretion of the supervisor and rink guards on duty.
WE PROMISE TO:
- Wear a mask or face covering to protect our guests and those around us.
- Wash our hands frequently.
- Clean + sanitize high contact surfaces throughout the day, as well as rental equipment between uses.
- Perform staff wellness checks and require any sick employees to stay home.
- Reduce capacity + require reservations at Vale Rink to promote social distancing.
- Make hand sanitizer stations available wherever possible.
- Require online booking and contactless pre-payment to limit touchpoints between our team and guests.
OUR GUESTS PROMISE TO:
- Wear face coverings over their noses and mouths for the duration of their visit to Vale Rink, both on the ice and off.
- Wash or sanitize their hands before entering Vale Rink.
- Stay home if they are not feeling well. We will be happy to reschedule for a future date!
- Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and those who are not part of your household.
- Make a reservation online and pre-pay through our online system. Reservations are required for both skaters and non-skating guests.
- Follow all guidelines and protocols released by the NYS DOH and CDC regarding COVID-19, as well as direction from the team at Vale Rink.