Q with a View
What does quarantine mean?
If you are travelling from a designated travel advisory state, and if such travel was for longer than the limited duration, you are required to quarantine when you enter New York for 14 days from the last day you were in a designated state(s), unless you are an essential worker or fall under another exception as determined by the Commissioner. The requirements to safely quarantine include:
- The individual must not be in public or otherwise leave the quarters that they have identified as suitable.
- The individual must be situated in separate quarters with a separate bathroom facility for each individual or family group. Access to a sink with soap, water, and paper towels is necessary. Cleaning supplies (e.g. household cleaning wipes, bleach) must be provided in any shared bathroom.
- The individual must have a way to self-quarantine from household members as soon as fever or other symptoms develop, in a separate room(s) with a separate door. Given that an exposed person might become ill while sleeping, the exposed person must sleep in a separate bedroom from household members.
- Food must be delivered to the person’s quarters.
- Quarters must have a supply of face masks for individuals to put on if they become symptomatic.
- Garbage must be bagged and left outside for routine pick up. Special handling is not required.
- A system for temperature and symptom monitoring must be implemented to provide assessment in-place for the quarantined persons in their separate quarters.
- Nearby medical facilities must be notified, if the individual begins to experience more than mild symptoms and may require medical assistance.
- The quarters must be secure against unauthorized access.
At The William Vale, you will be expected to:
- Assume personal responsibility for your quarantine period at the Hotel.
- Avoid all public areas of the Hotel following check in for the 14 day quarantine period. This includes and food and beverage venues, as well as the Vale Pool.
- Follow scheduled program for removal of trash or linens from the guest room.
- Wear face masks or other PPE as appropriate at all times when not in your guest room.
- Review the checklist of symptom monitoring available to you in your guest room. Contact a medical professional should you show signs of illness especially signs related to COVID-19.
Our Guest Rooms and Suites come set up for your extended visit with the following:
- Floor to ceiling windows with amazing views of the City
- Private Outdoor Balcony with Seating
- Private Bathroom with Le Labo Amenities
- Glass Enclosed Rain Fall Showers
- Beds fitted with Bellino Linens
- Mini Fridge for stocking your favorite items
- Lavazza espresso machine
- Enhanced WiFi Access
- Access to East River Pilates virtual classes
- Complimentary one-way airport pick upon arrival to New York
- All services from the Hotel will be “contactless”
- Fresh Towels and Linens will be provided at your door every three days
- Bags for used linens and towels, and trash will be provided (for placement outside your door)
- Hotel Staff will not be able to enter your guest room for the duration of your stay. In the event of a mechanical or other issue in the room an alternative accommodation will be provided for you to relocate your room.
Food & Beverage:
- Our Food & Beverage partners from NoHo Hospitality have put together a selection of menus to provide you with breakfast, lunch, and dinner delivered to your door. This program will cost an additional fee. You select your options, and we will do the rest.
- For additional food and beverage supplies there are a number of food providers who can deliver groceries, or outside meals directly to the Hotel. These deliveries will also be brought directly to your door.
- Guests booking a Q Plan stay will be expected to contract for the full 14 day period. An initial deposit of 50% of the stay, and food program, will be required prior to arrival. The deposit is fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to arrival should your travel plans change.
- A valid credit card will be required to guarantee all additional charges for the plan.
- Guests will be expected to assume personal responsibility for all guidelines associated with the quarantine period, failure to honor this commitment may result in removal from the Hotel with forfeiture of all deposits or outstanding charges.