The William Vale (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) welcomes all guests. We are dedicated to providing exceptional service from reservation to check-out.
Digital Accessibility Compliance Guidelines and Goals
We strive to offer an excellent user experience for visitors using any type of assistive technology to access the website. Our website accessibility standards are based on the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) level A + AA success criteria.
We also follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities. In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
Continuous Digital Monitoring
Using mainstream, developer-supported accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology, our site undergoes real time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
We welcome feedback
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at [email protected] with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. You are also welcome to call us at 718-631-8400 for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The William Vale website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities and services. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram.
Accessible Features and Amenities
The William Vale is ADA compliant with the Department of Justice 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design. We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
- Accessible public entrances.
- Accessible registration desk.
- Accessible route from the public entrance and rooms to the registration area. There is a ramp from N 12th Street to the entrance of the hotel.
- Accessible elevator with braille instructions.
- Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk and rooms.
- Accessible emergency exit (same as main entrance).
- Accessible public restroom.
- Accessible concierge desk.
- Accessible route from parking area to the main entrance. Valet parking is adjacent to the hotel on N 12th Street. There is a ramp from N 12th Street to the entrance of the hotel.
- Space to accommodate accessible vehicles. Valet parking is available to all guests
- TTY for guest use.
- Visual and audible alarms for smoke, fire and emergency.
- Guest room televisions have closed captioning.
- Braille signage throughout the property.
- Service animals are welcome at The William Vale.
- All food and beverage outlets are accessible:
Leuca (restaurant) through main entrance
Westlight (rooftop bar) through elevator
- Accessible route to all food and beverage outlets from the public entrance and rooms. There is an ADA elevator to access Leuca and an ADA elevator to access Westlight as well as the 23rd-floor rooftop venue.
- All meeting and event facilities are accessible:
- Accessible route to all meeting and event facilities from the public entrance and rooms, via elevator.
- Business center with accessible entrance.
- Accessible route to business center from the public entrance and rooms, via ramp and elevator.
- Fitness center with accessible entrance.
- Accessible route to exercise facilities from the public entrance and rooms, via ramp and elevator.
- Accessible pool with chair lift.
- Accessible route to pool from the public entrance and rooms, via ramp and elevator.
- Accessible guest rooms. Please click here to visit our rooms page.
Accessible route from public entrance and registration area to accessible rooms.
Please note that standard rooms may not have accessible features.
From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on the The William Vale website.